Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Fashionable Times Blog Principal's Message 11.17.19


Greetings Fashion Families from your Principal Daryl Blank.

Parent-Teacher Conferences are taking place this week on Thursday, November 21 from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm and Friday, November 22 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.  As always, HSFI is committed to our partnership with our families!

Here is a list of suggested questions that you might want to ask your child’s teachers:
#1 - What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
#2 - What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
#3 - What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
#4 - If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples?
#5 - Does my child turn in homework on time?
#6 - Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
#7 - Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
#8 - What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
#9 - Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?

I wanted to share an article with you about teenagers applying to college and what words that they need to hear from you.  Here is the link

I also want to share our Math Tutoring Schedule.  We have after school tutoring available in Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2 Trigonometry and Advanced Placement Calculus.  We know that many students struggle in Math and we want to provide enough support to all students.

In addition, Fashion Families should know that our computer lab is open after school for students to do any work they need to do and print out anything they need to do.  As part of what is available to students, we have our National Honor Society students available to tutor students in any subjects they might need help in.

I wanted to let all Fashion Families know that our school has a vibrant Alumni Association that is dedicated to supporting our current students.  The HSFI Alumni Association, which is 501c3 charity organization, is fundraising to support their ability to give out annual HSFI Alumni College Scholarships.  They have expanded their fundraising efforts to include ‘Amazon Smile’ that gives back 0.5% of a purchase back to a charity organization of your choice.  Attached to this email and on the school website is a step-by-step process of shopping with Amazon smile to support the HSFI Alumni College Scholarships.  Please consider using this to support this wonderful organization.  The Alumni Association also has a GoFund me page if you would like to contribute in this way - https://www.gofundme.com/f/hsfi-alumni-college-scholarship

It is critically important that all HSFI students check their HSFI email & Jupiter Grades everyday.  We will be sending important information out through both these tools – if students do not check them, they will miss out on some valuable opportunities and not know what is going on in the school.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment