Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Study Abroad at Fashion High

by Ms. Chavez


I have been blessed in my life. Even if I don’t have a lot, I have experienced a lot.
I have always said that there is a reason and a purpose for every thing you do and everyone you meet in your life.
When I had the opportunity to study abroad in college, I didn’t look at it as ‘I can’t because I don’t have money’, instead I thought of it as ‘This will get done, it’s just figuring out HOW’. That was the kind of thinking I was taught to have. To always think of the ways it can get done instead of the reasons why it WILL NOT happen.
Along on the ride was my friend Dionne, who was studying with me at FIT and actually graduated from Fashion High the same year as I. She wasn’t sure about going, and I thought her crazy to pass up an opportunity such as that one. I told her ‘Di, you will become a more coveted candidate when you apply for a job!’ When an employer of a company sits with you for an interview, the fact that you studied abroad makes a grand statement about you:
  • Your willingness to be open to other cultures teaches adaptability and assimilation
  • Your ability to travel independently makes a statement towards your level of maturity and responsibility
  • The knowledge you can acquire about another country and its people can serve you and your potential employer
  • And so much more that I want you to Discover on your OWN
Dionne came with me and this is her 10th year at Victoria Secret!
My journey led me to meet so many interesting people, some that I still to this day have in my life. One of them is Gaia. She is a free-spirit, strong, unrelenting and very assertive young woman that I immediately befriended and after 5 short years in Florence still kept in contact with.
Now Gaia happens to have as an aunt, a very amazing lady named Gabriella. As strong, as free-spirited and as unrelenting about education. This is where I immediately loved her.
It turns out that Gabriella founded this amazing school in Florence – Florence University of the Arts  and they have been to our school, the High School of Fashion Industries. The first year they hosted a leather workshop for our students and staff and introduced one of the many beautiful things Florence is known for – Leather. Students were able to make beautifully simple iPad cases out of soft nappa leather. And the year after our students had the chance to enjoy one of the other amazing things Florence is known for – their Food! Students had an amazing time and I really hope that some of them really make Studying Abroad a Reality and not just a Dream..
Taking on the brilliant opportunity to study anywhere else in the world (New York City is also a very coveted location to study in, therefore consider yourselves very lucky) is a chance to brighten your future with a great career, great learning experiences and great friends. Thank you to my Stars Above for friends like Dionne, Gaia and now Gabriella..
For Gallery view of this post CLICK HERE

This past summer Ms. Chavez and Ms. Sostre had the amazing opportunity to chaperon four young ladies in Florence, Italy 

Evelyn, Matylda, Giselle, Diana and Zo (not shown)




Florence University of the Arts will be presenting their programs in the PRINCIPALS CONFERENCE Rm 821

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29th from 4-6 p.m.

ALL STUDENTS SERIOUSLY INTERESTED ARE WELCOME PLEASE SEE MS. CHAVEZ ASAP Room 201 - 2nd/3rd/8th/9th period

6 comments:

  1. And all the advice on this page is great. It’s the perfect dissertaton writing blend of travel, education and self learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're indeed lucky to be able to go abroad for your study tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of. สเปรย์กันน้ำร้องเท้า

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.
    Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post and great tips..even I also think that hard work is the most important aspect of getting success..
    https://www.kisiri.co.za/homecoming-dresses-320

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback. điều kiện du học Nhật Bản

    ReplyDelete